Things you will need:
Hot water (205 F)
Coffee (17 grams)
- Grind 17 grams of coffee, which is about 1 rounded AeroPress scoop to the consistency of table salt.
- Pour hot water into mug to preheat it. Rinse the paper filter with hot water.
- Pour coffee grounds into brew chamber. If you are using a scale, tear the scale so it starts at 0.
- Start timer and add water up to the #4 on the brewer. This will be about 220 grams. Make sure to saturate all of the grounds. This should take about 10 seconds.
- Stir grounds and water and then put plunger in brew chamber and pull up slightly. This will create a vacuum and prevent the coffee from draining out.
- At about 1:15 remove the plunger and stir the mixture again. Put plunger back in the brew chamber and press.
- When you hear the hiss, you are done. You should finish the plunge at about 2:00 minutes.